ASC Minutes: 12-03-2012

ASC Minutes: 12-03-2012

ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING

Monday, December 3, 2012

15.1 PRAYER: Joel Perez

15.2 Committee Updates   

15.3 CALL TO ORDER: 3:53pm

15.4 ROLL CALL: All are present including Joel. Gavin Bennett will join us at 4:00pm.  

NEW BUSINESS

15.5 ANF: Urbana – Gavin Bennett  

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana during this Christmas break. Urbana is a missions conference in St. Louis, Missouri focusing on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by the Creator with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $646.89.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

• Talking with Gavin to clear up confusion with the same dollar amounts that were given last week.

-       Decisions:

• Numbers for 5 of the 8 going are all the same. The other 3 have different numbers.
  • All fundraising is group fundraising after these proposals.

-       Actions:

• W. Jones: Check on whether or not there is something we can put on our website in regards to Urbana.

Motion to Amend: B. Kasler (amending the proposed amounts for the 7 Urbana people down $43.34 than originally proposed per proposal; the amended amount here is $603.53)

Seconded: T. Snyder

Amendment Passes: 7-0-0

Call to Questions: M. Vogt     

Seconded: J. Riedel

Motion Passes: 7-0-0

15.6 ANF: Urbana – Nick Largusa 

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana over Winter Break (December 27th-January 1st). Urbana is a missions conference, that will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, were thousands of eager believers come together to focus on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by God with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $655.75.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

• Talking with Gavin to clear up confusion with the same dollar amounts that were given last week.

-       Decisions:

• Numbers for 5 of the 8 going are all the same. The other 3 have different numbers.
  • Nick is paying for own flights

-       Actions:

Motion to Amend: B. Kasler (amending the proposed amounts for the 7 Urbana people down $43.34 than originally proposed per proposal; the amended amount here is $533.81)

Call to Quesiton: T. Snyder     

Seconded: M. Blankenship  

15.7 ANF: Urbana – Pieper Wise  

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana over Winter Break (December 27th-January 1st). Urbana is a missions conference, that will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, were thousands of eager believers come together to focus on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by God with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $646.89.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

-       Decisions:

-       Actions:

Motion to Amend: B. Kasler (amending the proposed amounts for the 7 Urbana people down $43.34 than originally proposed per proposal; the amended amount here is $603.53)

Call to Question: B. Kasler

Seconded: J. Stanton  

15.8 ANF: Urbana – Roy Abdun-Nur   

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana over Winter Break (December 27th-January 1st). Urbana is a missions conference, that will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, were thousands of eager believers come together to focus on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by God with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $646.89.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

-       Decisions:

-       Actions:

Call to Question: J. Riedel      

15.9 ANF: Urbana – Amberly Vincent

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana over Winter Break (December 27th-January 1st). Urbana is a missions conference, that will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, were thousands of eager believers come together to focus on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by God with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $246.89

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

-       Decisions:

• Amberly got a response from her church all the rest said they didn’t have a fund for this sort of event.

-       Actions:

Motion to Amend: B. Kasler (amending the proposed amounts for the 7 Urbana people down $43.34 than originally proposed per proposal; the amended amount here is $205.55)

Call to Question: T. Snyder

Seconded: B. Kasler

15.10 ANF: Urbana – Austin Strutz   

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

-       Decisions:

-       Actions:

Call to Question: J. Stanton      

15.11 ANF: Urbana – Megan Armentrout

Proposal: I am part of a group from George Fox attending Urbana over Winter Break (December 27th-January 1st). Urbana is a missions conference, that will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, were thousands of eager believers come together to focus on what it means to engage the world incarnationally in partnership with the Spirit. This conference is a unique opportunity to walk alongside our brothers and sisters from around the world; 18,000 college students from varying nations come with an eagerness to learn how their passion is planted by God with the intention of furthering His Kingdom. I am asking for ASC to cover the remaining need of $577.15

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

-       Decisions:

• Lives in St. Louis so doesn’t need a flight

-       Actions:

Motion to Amend: B. Kasler (amending the proposed amounts for the 7 Urbana people down $43.34 than originally proposed per proposal; the amended amount here is $533.81)

Call to Question: T. Snyder

Seconded: M. Vogt  

15.12 SPF: Student Organizations Policy Manual – Jessica Stanton        

Proposal: To review the Student Organizations Policy Manual updates.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

• Have to vote to pass amendments made on these.

-       Decisions:

• On top of amendments at hand, other changes had to do with minor wording changes.
  • Student clubs should not have an outside checking account.

-       Actions:

• J. Stanton: make sure wording changes are fixed and that Article V in the mock-up constitution is changed. 

Call to Question: B. Yoshihara   

15.13 SPF: Outlets in the Den – Jessica Stanton

Proposal: That Central Committee opens up the Student Project fund only on behave of review this proposal for additional outlets in the Bruin Den. 8 total outlets in the den.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

• We need more electrical outlets in the Student Union Building.

-       Decisions:

• This would be proposing up to $800 to do this project.

15.14 SPF: Bike Racks – Margaret Vogt 

Proposal: I would like to propose for 4 new bike racks on the West Side of campus! Clyde and I have sought out locations in front of Woolman Apartments, behind Winters Apartments, in front of Weesner House, and next to Fell House. Each rack would be able to house 13 bikes off a standard ribbon rack.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes:

• There’s concrete, stone, and stamped concrete options for the base and there were two shelter options.

-       Decisions:

• The price would then depend on what options what we are choosing. There would be 4 of these covered bike racks. 
  • Only two locations would be available to build because we don’t have enough funds remaining in this fund to do four.
  • Two low-end or two high-end? Eco-friendly or not? 

Call to Amend: J. Stanton (Two locations; Both have regular concrete [non-stamped] base and one has floral covering and one has metal covering) 

Seconded: B. Yoshihara

15.14 DISCUSSION

Margaret: Public Relations

Late night Breakfast (Dead Day)

15.15 NEXT ACTION REMINDERS

Tell Sub Committees to send in Evaluations

Help out with Bruin Grounds remodeling

All ASC Meeting – Dec. 8th 10:30am – 12:30pm

Prepare a 3-6 minute report on your committee’s activities

Have Powerpoint/Prezi to Wes by Thursday.

15.16 MEETING ADJOURNED: 5:01pm