ASC Minutes: 3-11-2013

ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING 

Monday, March 11, 2013

22.1 PRAYER: B. Kasler 

22.2 Committee Updates

22.3 CALL TO ORDER: 4:25pm 

22.4 ROLL CALL: All are present including J. Perez.  

NEW BUSINESS

**Kelly James (PR Director) stepped out of the room.

22.5 Early Stipend – Brenden Thompson

Proposal: I am sending in this proposal to ask if I can get my second semester stipend for Campus Representative early.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

• Just a formality. B. Yoshihara has talked with Human Resources. Receiving stipend early is based by individual situations.

-       Actions

• Contact Brenden about decision.

Call to Question: J. Riedel

Seconded: M. Vogt

Motion Passes: 7-0-0

22.6 Early Stipend – Kelly James 

Proposal: I want to receive my stipend early in order to pay for the last portion of my Juniors Abroad trip.

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

• Just a formality. B. Yoshihara has talked with Human Resources. Receiving stipend early is based by individual situations.

-       Actions

• Contact Kelly about decision.

Call to Question: J. Riedel

Seconded: M. Vogt

Motion Passes: 7-0-0

**Kelly James came back to the room to take the rest of the minutes.

22.7 Covered Bike Racks – Jessica Stanton  

Proposal: To move the $5,000+ to another fund because we are not able to make a covered bike rack with the amount of money we currently have.   

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

• The estimate for the covered bike rack came out to be $12,000, which is more than we had allotted.

-       Decisions

• This will then need to go to next year’s committee, which we do not want to do. 
  • We could come up with a different way to do the bike rack or we could give the money back to student funds, specifically the Academic Need Fund.
  • Confusion related to the estimates they originally gave and what the estimate is now.
  • No matter what there is still permits that need 60 days and it still needs to go through Plant Services.

-       Actions

• No vote, because the consensus was to bring it back to Plant Services and see what they could do with $5,000.

22.8 DISCUSSION

Tent City Sign-Ups

Elections Time Line

Dinner @ Heather and Dennis Lewis 

Last Leadership Talk – Chris Meade, 6pm, HVR 105

22.9 NEXT ACTION REMINDERS

B. Yoshihara – Contact those who had amendments passed.

B. Kasler – Put together something for when Campus Reps are not in session in the beginning of the year.

22.10 MEETING ADJOURNED: 4:53pm