ASC Minutes: 03-30-2014

ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING 

Monday, March 30 2014

32.1 CALL TO ORDER: 4:45 PM

32.2: ROLL CALL: All are present including J. Nuzum, M. Martinez, M. Kimmer, J.

Stanton, S. St Cyr & D. Paul

32.3: PRAYER: Ju. Vanier

COMMITTEE UPDATES

32.4: Move of Funds: Bruin Grounds Remodel Funds: T. Rene

Proposal: Move leftover funds ($21,697.68) in the external Bruin Grounds Remodel

cost center into the BG cost center currently residing under the president

Discussion:

 -Outcomes

 -We need better representation of how we can move these funds

 -Decisions

 -Actions

 -Table until S. St Cyr can provide more information about large fund

Call to Table: Ja. Vanier

Seconded: D. Shin

Motion to Table Passes: 5-0-0

32.5: Academic Pursuit Fund: Proposal: Ju. Vanier

Proposal: $321.85 for three (3) students to go to a TED talk in Portland covering

ticket fees and price and general admission

Discussion:

 -Outcomes

 -We have spent a lot more on other students in this fund

 -Great event; TED talk in Portland is good

 -Decisions

 -Will be beneficial to learning

 -Actions

Call to Question: Ju. Vanier

Seconded: T. Rene

Motion Passes: 3-0-0

D. Shin & M. Nakashimada exit room

32.6: Special Projects Fund: Proposal: Ju. Vanier

Proposal: $2000 for 35 pairs of climbing shoes, six chalk balls, three chalk bags

Discussion:

 -Outcomes

 -Clear and concise proposal

 -Will last long and if they move the equipment can be moved also

 -Proposed by a faculty member

 -Decisions

 -We have funding in Special Projects

 -This faculty member gets a discount, and free shipping from

Amazon

 -The rock wall needs to be open more, and advertised more

 -Do we have a plan to keep it open so weʼre not pouring

money into !! ! a hole?

 -This will help it be open more and be efficient

 -The follow up is important so this equipment gets

used!

 -Actions

 -We need to establish who owns the rockwall and who funds it

 -The rock wall needs to be open more, and advertised more

 -There should be a rock climbing club

Call to Question: M. Tarpley

Seconded: D. Shin

Motion Passes: 5-0-0

32.7: Community Life Fund: Proposal: Ja. Vanier

Proposal: $356 for 16 people to go mini golfing

Discussion:

 -Outcomes

 -Cannot pay for gas ($80)

 -Decisions

 -Need to stay at $10/Person which would total $160

 -Are we going to spend the entirety of the CLF by the end of the

year?

 -No

 -Then why arenʼt we approving the entirety of this fund?

 -We have been cut people off at $10/person all year, this

isnʼt the ! ! ! time to just throw money at people

 -Could we think of a creative idea to spend the rest of this

fund?

 -Sit in the Den and help people write proposals

 -Actions

Call to amend to $160: Ja. Vanier

Seconded: T. Rene

Call to Question: Ja. Vanier

Seconded: T. Rene

Motion Passes: 5-0-0

32.8: Special Project Fund: Proposal: Ju. Vanier

Proposal: $900 for furniture refurbishing of campus furniture

Discussion:

 -Outcomes

 -Plant Services has already approved this work request

 -Finally!

 -Decisions

 -Would be good to just powder coat the existing furniture from the

quad and from LeShana

 -They could use car paint to color it chrome colored -Ju. Vanier

 -You could also put a rubber stamp on the seat with an ASC logo so

when people sit down they could have the ASC logo forever on their butts -Ju.Vanier

 -Actions

 -Ju. Vanier will follow up with Plant Services

Call to amend to $2700: Ja. Vanier

Seconded: D. Shin

Call to Question: Ja. Vanier

Seconded: D. Shin

Motion passes: 5-0-0

32.9 DISCUSSION

-Constitution

-Hiring- job descriptions

-Retreat this weekend

-Dinner with Bakers

32.10 MEETING ADJURNED 5:45

Motion to Amend to $160 passes 5-0-0

Motion to amend to $2700 passes 5-0-0