ASC Minutes: 08-27-2013
ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, 27, 2012
3.1 Committee Updates
3.2 CALL TO ORDER: 4:17pm
3.3 ROLL CALL: All are present including Krissy Findley.
3.4 Constitutional Amendment: CLF – Ja. Vanier
Proposal: Combine CLF with ResLife money again so ResLife can apply to use CLF money. Set aside 50% of budget ($7,000) for ResLife.
- Builds bridges between ASC and ResLife.
- Worries of ResLife using non-RA’s to apply for floor event CLF money outside of the 50% budget.
- Pros/Cons of changing CLF to a percentage based fund.
- Building a better relationship with ResLife by communicating the budget and procedures with the CLF.
- ResLife will get half of the CLF, and will decide later if they need more/less money
- Campus Reps will look through proposals carefully to make sure ResLife is respecting fund.
Call to Question: T. Snyder
Seconded: Ja. Vanier
Motion Passes: 7-0-0
3.5 Welcome Committee: Mystery Bus Tour Dinner – B. Yoshihara
Proposal: Welcome Committee has a set fund for the weekend, with more than expected freshmen, they need help paying for dinner on the night of the Mystery Bus Tour.
- Take money out of Blue Zone because money was saved earlier from a different BlueZone T-shirt printer.
- When paying for this dinner, ASC can get a plug into the freshmen and promote ASC (BlueZone and Campus Reps.)
- Drop the discussion because T. Synder can handle the BlueZone budget.
- Dinner will happen no matter what, so decisions can happen later.
- T.Snyder will decide soon how much (and if) BlueZone money will be used for dinner
No motion to amend. Tabled for later discussion.
3.6 MEETING ADJOURNED: 5:25PM