ASC Minutes: 1-26-2015

ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING

 

Monday, January 26, 2015

PRAYER

20.1 CALL TO ORDER 4:38 PM

20.2 ROLL CALL: All are present including S. St. Cyr, Co-Ed Rep Z. Larsen, Commuter Rep D. Easton

20.3 PRAYER: J. Vanier

NEW BUSINESS

20.4 Intramurals: Proposal: J. Vanier

Proposal: $70-80 for intramural soccer championship teams

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

-       Decisions

  • Annoying that their budget is finalized, we have already set their budget
  • Intramurals are not advertised well, it is not handled well
  • Frustrated with the way intramurals are handled
  • Maybe we should say we need to meet with them before we pass this money

-       Actions

  • Someone needs to meet with Maco, M. Martinez will connect with him
  •  We will reconvene after that meeting

Call to Table: M. Kimmer

Seconded: M. Martinez

Motion to Table Passes: 4-1-0

 

 

20.5: Post Fox: Proposal: J. Vanier

Proposal: Donate $1000 for Post Fox event

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

-       Decisions

-       Actions

  • M. Kimmer will meet with T. Ellis to get more information on the event

Call to Table: J. Nuzum

Seconded: M. Kimmer

Motion to Table Passes: 5-0-0

20.6 Academic Pursuit Fund: Proposal: M. Tarpley

Proposal: $2000-3000 for nine (9) students to attend ACP Midwinter National College Journalism Convention in Universal, CA for four days

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

  • They are taking some money from their Crescent budget, and then asking for more from ASC

-       Decisions

  • Should look at their budget, and see where they are at currently
  • Should we allocate money for them to take this conference every year?
    • No, we don’t fund any other departments that travel
  • There is miscommunication between Crescent and Central Committee
    • They are close to their printing budget
    • They printed a wineskin already
    • Needs to be dealt with and communicated more outside this meeting
  • Valuable conference for Crescent as well as for students
  • Like paying for conference and airfare

-       Actions

  • M. Tarpley will review the APF proposals before the meetings to make sure they fit within the guidelines
  • The guidelines will also be posted on the websites
  • Crescent needs to make their budget next year more in mind of the retreats if they want to attend the conference as well
  • Amend to $2745

Call to Amend: M. Kimmer

Seconded: M. Tarpley

Motion to Amend Passes: 5-0-0

Call to Question: M. Kimmer

Seconded: M. Martinez

Motion Passes: 5-0-0

20.7 Student Organizations: Budget Proposal: M. Tarpley

Proposal: $1198.99 for total budget of Bruin Ultimate club

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

-       Decisions

  • M. Tarpley will meet more with team about line to line budget and their plan

-       Actions

Call to Table: J. Nuzum

Seconded: M. Kimmer

Motion to Table Passes: 5-0-0

Exit J. Nuzum to restroom

20.8 Academic Pursuit Fund: Proposal: M. Tarpley

Proposal: $615 for a turbo rebuild engineering project on campus

Discussion:

-       Outcomes

  • Passed money for this in the past
  • There is nothing for students interested in auto works

-       Decisions

  • Should get a faculty reference
    • Feel great about this proposal if he had a faculty reference

-       Actions

  • Should table until he finds a faculty reference  

Call to Table: M. Kimmer

Seconded: M. Martinez

Motion to Table Passes: 4-0-0

 

Re-enter J. Nuzum from restroom

20.9 DISCUSSION

  • ZipCar
  • Late Night in the Bruin Den
  • CC mid year reports
  • Sadie Hawkins
  • FoxHole stage lights
  • Involvio
  • Intercultural Event; Selma

20.10 MEETING ADJOURNED: 5:48 PM