ASC Minutes: 10-14-2015
ASC CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, October 13, 2014
7.1 CALL TO ORDER 4:21 PM
7.2 ROLL CALL: All are present including S. St. Cyr
7.3 PRAYER: Kyle Webster
7.4 ASC Stipends: Proposal: K. Webster
Proposal: To raise Office Manger stipend $500 for a total of $2000
- Emilee has worked the past two years as Office Manager. Payment each year was $2000.
- Came into role expecting $2000…never verbally confirmed
- Payment for her position (according to bracket) is $1500
- Emilee goes above and beyond her job description.
- Everyone works more hours than expected
- Fear that last year’s work ethic could come back this year.
- Is this decision too personal to make?
- Team dynamics and whole “feel” of office could change depending on vote.
- Does this infringe on our hope to be a welcoming and encouraging space?
Call to table: Michael P.
Seconded: Erika L.
- Motion to table fails.
- Central will vote on Proposal
Call to Question: Michael P.
Seconded: Zach L.
- Motion passes.
- Office Manager position will receive payment of $2000 for 2015-2016 school year.
- Student Project Fund
- Moving due dates to an earlier time, because we have specific proposals that need attention
- Will give more time to develop projects
- Little Bruin Movie Rights
- We have a lot of movie rights
- Why aren’t they doing it in junction with the event?
- Because they want the little Bruins there
- You can only play movies once
- If it’s just Little Bruins viewing the movie, it’d be weird to have a whole movie right go towards little kids
- There’s plenty of students that are mentoring
- Library movie rentals ~$350, and regular $500-600
- We have the movie rights, can they pay for the cost?
- The intent isn’t to turn it down, we just need to figure out the monies
- Blue Room
- We need to figure out where SPIL stuff is and where ASC stuff is
- SPIL has stuff in the Activities closet too
- SPIL wants to store more in the blue room
- If we label everything and get everything organized, everyone can use everything and we would stop buying so many new things
- CLF Reimbursements
- Financial Affairs are thankful we’re getting our stuff in through
- F.A. is concerned correct people aren’t getting reimbursed, because when there’s one person who is filing the request, we just have to trust they’re handing the money out to those who paid.
- Tax issue if someone is audited
- ASC isn’t audited
- Cash advances are also sketchy
- In CLF you can’t list all the members going, because CLF provides a huge number of people
- It’s a tough process that needs to be improved
- Petty cash would be ideal
- Square Footage
- Will current office space stay as ASC?
- What will happen to Foxhole?
- Storage space?
- Commuter space?
- Intercultural space?
- Kyle and Michael set to meet with Ted Allen
- 7.11 MEETING ADJOURNED: 5:26PM