Faculty/Staff Event Planners
The Conference and Event Office can assist you by scheduling appropriate locations for events, discussing program flow and room configurations, providing logistical information about parking, catering and audio-visual support, and providing an estimate of event costs or giving budget advice.
Meeting, Event or Conference?
In order to make the planning process easier, the Conference and Event Office has come up with terms to help differentiate between the four most common types of programs requested. They are:
- Meeting: a small gathering that usually does not require a great deal of set up, support, or arrangements
- Summer Conference: any meeting or event that will involve overnight housing with guests staying in George Fox University accommodations (summer only)
- Day Conference: single or multi-day event that involves multiple spaces/resources and collaboration to accomplish
- Event: any gathering that is not a meeting or a conference
Requests for meeting space may be done either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (503) 554-2027. For events or conferences that will take more collaboration and arrangements, please submit an Event Request Form. This may be done online with our comprehensive online version.
Student Clubs and Organizations should use the online form specifically designed for student programs, as some of the policies and procedures are different.
Once the necessary information is received, our Front Desk Coordinator will review your request, and tentatively reserve facilities for the proposed program. It will then be determined if the nature of the event requires that a Scheduling Specialist be assigned. The Front Desk Coordinator will then send a confirmation to you, along with further information on the planning process and from whom you can request further information or support.
The information submitted to the Conference and Event Office will be used to determine the following:
- What facility or facilities would work best for the event or conference, and whether these are available for the date(s) requested;
- Arrangements in the event of conflicting programming or university scheduling (e.g. if the date requested coincides with a large university-wide event, or is during a university holiday)
- Whether or not the program needs an Event Coordinator assigned to work on it
- Whether there will be any food service needed, and if so, give proper information on ordering
- Whether there will be any technical equipment support needed, and if so, specifically what
- Whether there will be any parking needs for the program, and what solutions are available for the day and time the conference or event will take place
Complex events may require assignment of an Event Coordinator to review planning and arrangements, and assist you with further questions and plans you have for your program. Regardless of the complexity or simplicity of your program, the Conference and Event Office is here to answer questions and provide support to you during each step of your planning process.Faculty/Staff Event Request Form