Administrative Assistant II
Center for Peace and Justice and Center for Global Studies
OPENING DATE: October 10, 2012
WORK SCHEDULE: 24 hours per week, 10 months (August-May); .5FTE
START DATE: As soon as possible
This position exists to provide administrative support to the director in the day to day operations; logistical coordination of the centers’ work; and to serve as a department liaison to students, faculty, and external agencies.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide administrative support to the Director
- Create content for Centers’ electronic pages (Facebook, web, etc.)
- Coordinate logistics of semester off-campus study programs through paperwork, database entry & various forms of communication (in-person, phone, email, etc).
- Coordinate logistics of on-campus programming (i.e. Global Issues Forum, Woolman Peacemaking Forum, Peace & Justice Symposia series, etc.) through paperwork, database entry & various forms of communication.
- Supervise student worker(s) in the Center, if any.
- Stay in regular and consistent contact with students through various forms of communication.
- As needed, articulate and affirm the Quaker rooted, Gospel ethos of the CPJ & CGS
- One year administrative support experience req.; related work in academic setting & bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organization & project management skills, incl. multi-tasking in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Strong computer proficiency (web HTML, MS Office, PowerPoint, Facebook); ability to learn new software quickly and utilize efficiently
- Strong initiative, flexibility and dependability; good problem solving skills
- Discretion and integrity in handling confidential information and maintaining confidentiality
- Availability and willingness to work occasional weekends and various evenings as needed
- Vision for connecting students with global opportunities & commitment to appreciation of peace and justice work
- Previous educational/practical international experience, intercultural engagement preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, including face-to-face, on telephone, in writing; and in understanding and following instructions
Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range 4; $13.06 – $15.35 per hour, depending on experience. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical and dental insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Center for Peace & Justice and Center for Global Studies
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. Your application materials may also be scanned and attached to an email to: HR@georgefox.edu. If you choose to fax your materials, our fax number is 503-554-2186. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.