Administrative Assistant II for Department of Professional StudiesPOSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENING DATE: December 6, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 40 hours per week through May 2014
START DATE: As soon as possible
This position will provide administrative support for the department chair, operations manager, and faculty.
- Office/administrative support includes telephone and office reception, word processing, taking meeting minutes, processing new adjunct paperwork and files, suspension/probation letters to students, filing confidential materials, ordering office supplies, maintaining telephone trees and emergency contact information on students, inventorying course materials used managing petty cash, video inventory (checking in and out of videos used in class), processing incoming and outgoing mail, preparing check requests and deposits and processing end of course evaluations.
- Maintain attendance records for cohorts; distribute, receive and track “Getting Started Checklists” for new students; communicate via FoxTALE with students in the online cohorts.
- Provide support to faculty for class sessions as needed.
- Prepare adjunct faculty contracts.
- Receive, file, and distribute textbooks (as well as end of year inventory), iPads (iPad contracts) and electronic copies of course syllabi according to class calendars.
- Plan and manage the graduation banquets, all orientations, hybrid cohort intensives, team, faculty, and special luncheons.
- Prepare and distribute book bags, student folders, and Prior Learning Assessment folders to new students.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Initiative, dependability, ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency with MS Office suite and Google Mail.
- Proficiency using web-based tools
- Excellent customer service skills, including in person, online and on the phone..
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred. Availability and willingness to work 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday – Friday schedule
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.
COMPENSATION: $12.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: DPS Operations Manager
Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may also fax your application materials to 503 554 2186 or scan & send to email@example.com.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.