Administrative AssistantOPENING DATE: October 24, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Part Time (10 hours per wk, hours flexible), 12 Months
START DATE: November 15, 2016
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This person will provide approximately 10 hours per week of administrative support to the Oregon Writing Project Collaborative (OWPC) by managing and performing a variety of tasks for a dynamic school/university partnership organization housed within the College of Education.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of office functions as communications center for surrounding public school faculty and staff pertaining to OWPC activities.
- Serve as administrative support for the Director and Co-directors of the OWPC. Administrative support duties include maintenance of financial records and files, and assisting with the preparation of monthly and annual program budget reports; and maintenance of program records, syllabi, and course or activity descriptions.
- Process hiring and orientation materials for faculty and workshop instructors.
- Maintain the OWPC website.
- Produce program reports for the National Writing Project.
- Assist with the participant recruitment and registration process for activities, programs and courses, including the tracking of payments and awarding of grades or PDU’s.
- Assist in coordinating Young Writers Camps to include recruiting, registration and logistics.
- Help to organize special events and programs and oversee production and distribution of program information.
- Manage continuing education courses for OWPC including the facilitation of course building, payment arrangements, registration, recruitment, grades, website, and communication with students and instructors as well as support departments on campus.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal advisory role.
- Three (3) years of administrative support experience, including records management; office management experience a plus.
- Bookkeeping knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good analytical and problem‐solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, Excel and Google Drive platform), in particular, the ability to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets that provide a detailed accounting of budget records.
- Proficiency using general office equipment.
- Discretion and integrity in maintaining confidentiality is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical and dental insurance, and tuition remission.
SALARY: $14.32– $16.83 per hour, depending on experience
REPORTS TO: Director, Oregon Writing Project
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and a letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian Street, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may fax your information to 503-554- 2186 or scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. A letter of interest and resume must be accompanied by a signed application.
A link to our application can be found at:http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/staff.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.