Applications CoordinatorPOSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENING DATE: July 29, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
The Undergraduate Admissions Office is seeking a focused, detailed, and talented Applications Coordinator to join our highly successful Undergraduate Admissions Team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to greatly impact the admissions experience of prospective students and further the vision of making George Fox the ‘Christian University of Choice.’
This important position is responsible for the daily entry and maintenance of all prospective student database records and physical application files. Strategic thinking and an ability to understand systems and processes will help maximize the effectiveness of our responses to new inquiries, applicants, and admitted students. Precision and very high attention to detail will ensure that students receive accurate information regarding their admission status.
The primary function of this position is to execute our back-end processes with the goal of providing prospective students with a second-to-none admissions experience. Recognizing the importance of ease, convenience, and clear messaging in our digital age, we seek someone who is passionate about helping deliver a straightforward process for students who are considering George Fox University.
No prior admission experience is required. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to maintain excellent records in a database, improve systems to maximize efficiency, and work within a collaborative team environment.
If you are motivated to achieve aggressive, task-driven results within a rewarding and missions-driven environment, we would like to see your resume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Enter data accurately into PeopleSoft database from inquiry through enrollment
- Collect and organize pieces of application – recommendations, transcripts, and test scores
- Process and prepare correspondence to students throughout the application/tuition deposit sequence.
- Manage the physical student files with updates and enclosures as well as the corresponding database in PeopleSoft
- Update student files and PeopleSoft with new information i.e., scores, grades, and personal information.
- Archive applications and records of applicants and students who did not enroll – three year storage time.
- Initiate ideas to improve application processes and improve and maximize efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of applicable work experience with databases or records keeping
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- High level of detail-orientation, precision, and accuracy
- Motivation toward aggressive goals and a commitment to teamwork
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs
- Commitment to issues of ethnic and gender diversity
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay range 4: $27,164 - $31,920 annually. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may also fax your application materials to 503 554 2186 or scan & send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.