Archivist and Institutional Repository/ Acquisitions Specialist
Newberg Campus Library
OPENING DATE: June 17, 2014
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students First. Christ in Everything. Innovation to Improve Outcomes
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Administers George Fox and Northwest Yearly Meeting archives; adds content to Digital Commons; orders and receives library materials
- Manages George Fox University and Northwest Yearly Meeting archives. Develops and implements archives transfer and retention policies, in conjunction with campus departments and offices, and NWYM. Participates in outreach and instructional activities, and represents the archives at various events.
- Accessions and organizes items in archives using tools such as Archivist’s Toolkit or ArchivesSpace. Provides reference assistance to researchers, and produces finding aids. Leads digitization projects to expose archives globally via Digital Commons, the university’s institutional repository.
- Uploads faculty scholarship, archival material, and other content into the Digital Commons. Works directly with Bepress in maintaining and expanding the repository. Does copyright-checking as necessary.
- Provides support as needed in acquisitions. Orders and receives library materials, working in ALMA and PeopleSoft. Troubleshoots problems. Runs reports as requested.
Supervises and trains student workers and volunteers in clerical work in archives and acquisitions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of archival or library experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new computer applications. Experience with library, archival or similar related automation systems preferred.
- Some knowledge of George Fox University and Northwest Yearly Meeting history preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and detail orientation
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good physical condition, including ability to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to sit and work at a computer for prolonged period of time.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally
STARTING COMPENSATION: $35,937– $ 44,921
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance; retirement plan; tuition remission
REPORTS TO: Technical Services & Systems Librarian
TO APPLY: Submit George Fox University application, resume and letter of interest to
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian #6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
The university reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.