Associate Director of Communications and Operations
OPENING DATE: June 24, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: July 29, 2013
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic leader to join our highly successful Undergraduate Admissions Team. As the Associate Director of Communications and Operations, you will greatly impact prospective students and further the vision of making George Fox the ‘Christian University of Choice.’
This important leadership position will strategically create, implement, and manage the communications and operations of Undergraduate Admissions Office in order to maximize the effectiveness of our messaging and timing as it relates to enrolling new students into George Fox University.
The primary function of this position is to coordinate our back-end processes with a goal to provide prospective students with a second-to-none admissions experience. Recognizing the importance of ease, convenience, and clear messaging in our digital age, we want someone who is passionate about creating a vibrant and straightforward process for students who are considering and applying to George Fox University.
No prior admissions experience is required. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team towards an aggressive goal. A positive attitude, an ability to push through barriers, and skills in creative problem-solving are key requirements to this work.
If you want a position that is highly strategic and tactical, but also incredibly rewarding and mission driven then we would like to see your resume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervision of Applications Coordinator, temporary data-entry staff, and student employees.
- Strategically develop and implement electronic and direct mail communication sequences that drive prospective students to inquire, visit, apply, or deposit.
- Strategically plan and organize the operational efforts of the Undergraduate Admissions office to maximize the effectiveness of communication and data-in processes.
- Manage the data-in process of inquiries and applicants. Develop processes to coordinate staff efforts to most effectively and efficiently input data into PeopleSoft for all stages of the admissions funnel.
- Coordinate communication sequence execution including direct mail campaigns and electronic mail efforts.
- Oversee and coordinate documentation of business processes and workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four years or more of applicable work experience required (communications, marketing, or project management experience preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and commitment building skills required.
- High level of initiative, motivation, and attention to detail to work in a goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to lift and move material up to 40 pounds.
- Commitment to issues of ethnic and gender diversity.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range G; Minimum $42,630 -$53,288 – depending on exp. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. You may fax your information to 503 554 2186 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a letter of interest and signed application. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.