OPENING DATE: June 27, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
The Student Accounts Office is seeking an energetic leader and team member with initiative to help us take our customer service to the next level. This position will primarily have responsibility for managing student accounts for our undergraduate population with a strong focus on customer service and helping them financially achieve their educational goals. This position requires a motivated and talented individual who can learn quickly, is technology-proficient, and enjoys helping people. If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise two full-time staff members who are responsible for traditional undergraduate receivables.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, report and bring to resolution.
- Develop procedures to ensure collections while achieving customer service goals.
- Represent the Director in her absence to ensure seamless service responses to our students and other university departments.
- Responsibility for student accounts payables including federal excess funds procedures to ensure compliance with Federal Regulations for the timely disbursement of funds as well as for the return of funds.
- For both the graduate and populations, oversee billing operations, withdraw and other processes for students leaving the university, including oversight of the traditional undergraduate account transfer process from current to non-current student accounts.
- Assist the Director in strategically addressing internal and external customer service, communication and reporting goals.
- Serve as liaison to Financial Affairs Office regarding deposits, wires, balancing and audit compliance.
- Assist with PeopleSoft set up, troubleshooting, and testing; direct staff testing and term based audits of new charges to ensure charges accurate charges and properly functioning integrated software..
- Oversee late fees, service indicators, and batch uploads from other departments for timely assessment of fees and billing.
- Represent GFU to prospective and current students and families regarding financial aspect of attending the university working to alleviate their fears, fulfilling the "Be Known" promise, and positively impacting enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired, although a combination of education, leadership and collections experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three yearsof related experience required, preferably at an academic institution. Supervision experience strongly preferred. Experience in using established collection techniques to leverage payments also desired.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and analytical skills in decision-making, and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn Title IV regulations
- Leadership qualities and related strengths
- Computer proficiency, including ability to learn quickly and use technology-based tools required; Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency required; experience using integrated software systems helpful.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Discretion and integrity in maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on the telephone and under pressure. Ability to listen, clarify, understand, give and follow instructions required.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range F; Minimum $38,755 -$48,400 – depending on exp. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Accounts
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. You may fax your information to 503.554.2186 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a letter of interest and signed application. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.