Associate Director of Advancement Communications and Grants
OPENING DATE: November 2, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 12 Months
START DATE: As soon as possible
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a vital role on the University Advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Development, this person is responsible for the creation and implementation of an integrated communication strategy to advance the university’s mission, including strategic and compelling proposals, appeals, collateral, stewardship, and all other communications efforts.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive leadership to the university’s grant-seeking efforts, including foundation research, relationship development, proposal writing, and stewardship to grow philanthropic support for the university’s strategic funding priorities.
- Provide oversight of all advancement communications, campaign collateral materials, and website messaging.
- Assist development officers with the creation of written proposals and support materials for donor/prospect activity.
- Assist the Director of Annual Giving with the messaging and creation of donor appeals, including collateral materials, letters, blast e-mails, and phone scripts.
- Develop written donor stewardship materials, including donor annual report, monthly donor acknowledgement templates, and individual “Thank You” letters from the Vice President of University Advancement and President.
- Develop repository of student, alumni, and donor stories through personal interviews to be used in various advancement communications and initiatives.
- Advise faculty members towards the successful submission of grant applications and appropriate stewardship for all grants received.
- Bachelor’s degree required; three (3) years related work experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects at once and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High level of initiative and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills; enjoys serving and helping others.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
SALARY: $39,530 to $49,413, depending on experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and a letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian Street, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at: http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/admin.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The university reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.