Computer Support Specialist
Institutional Technology - Portland Center
OPENING DATE: June 7, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time; 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
This position exists to provide technology support to faculty and staff at the Portland campus. Because this is the only IT position at the Portland campus, responsibilities are performed with little day-to-day supervision:
- Assist faculty and staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of university computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with Help Desk and Network Operations staff to resolve problems experienced by clients. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- Train and orient faculty and staff as appropriate on the use of hardware and software.
- Mentor student employees.
- Provide limited Media Production Services under direction of the MPS staff and support teaching and learning per EdTech requirements, including maintenance support for classroom multimedia and computer lab education technology.
- Respond to students’ technology questions and offer limited non-warranty support for their technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Two years technology support experience, including experience working with media production audio/visual equipment.
- High level of initiative and dependability, strong judgment, and ability to work independently. Availability and willingness to work varied hours.
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- An Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website is required.
Candidates should also value a climate that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, one that engages and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range 6; Minimum $31.391 – $36,888 ($15.09 - $17.73 per hr.) depending on exp.
Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; retirement plan; tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Academic Computing
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. Your application materials may also be scanned and attached to an email to: HR@georgefox.edu. If you choose to fax your materials, our fax number is 503-554-2186. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.