OPENING DATE: August 8, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 12 Months
START DATE: August 26, 2016
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To work with regular and student employees to maintain the cleanliness of assigned buildings and common areas.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and work alongside student employees in cleaning assigned areas for up to 7 hours per day. Conduct daily inspections of assigned areas to ensure cleanliness is maintained.
- Ensure student employees follow established safety procedures when using equipment and supplies, including the wearing of protective clothing/devices when performing tasks that involve the cleaning and removal of infectious and/or bloody/body fluids or otherwise harmful material. Report to the superintendent all hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Work alongside other custodial staff in teams cleaning assigned areas up to 7 hours per day as needed.
- Check room reservations for assigned area daily. Organize week-end teams to cover cleaning as needed before and / or after events.
- Maintain custodial supplies and equipment for teams to ensure custodial closets are clean and uncluttered. Clean and properly store equiptment at the close of each shift. Transport supplies and equiptment from storage to specific use areas as needed.
- Take security precautions as necessary. If area is unoccupied by employees, close and lock windows and doors as work is completed.
- Attend department/staff meetings.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal advisory role.
- Good delegation and teamwork skills and ability to work with college-age students effectively.
- Good planning, organizational, decision-making skills, and detail orientation required.
- Ability to follow, administer and interpret custodial policies and procedures.
- Ability to transport supplies/equipment up to 40 pounds and to stand, walk 7+ hours per day.
- Dependability, flexibility, initiative.
- Custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English including face-to-face, on telephone, on a two-way radio, in writing, and in understanding and following instructions
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
STARTING SALARY: $23,976 to $28,173, depending on experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Custodial Services
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at:http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/staff.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.