Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
OPENING DATE: October 31, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full Time, 12 Months
START DATE: As soon as possible
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Develop and manage a strategic plan on behalf of George Fox University alumni that will achieve desired outcomes, including:
- Increased engagement
- Increased satisfaction
- Increased number of donors
- Increased giving
Work with the Alumni Association Board to support their leadership in building relationships with Alumni to increase alumni engagement and philanthropic giving.
1) Create and implement a comprehensive Alumni Association Plan to include:
a. increased engagement of Alumni,
b. increased commitment from Alumni,
c. increased number of donors from the Alumni pool, and
d. increased gifts/donations from the entire Alumni Association
2) Develop a full and representative Alumni Association Board consisting of alumni leaders and supporters through appropriate recruitment activities.
3) Strategically plan and coordinate official Alumni Association Board meetings to drive initiatives toward desired outcomes.
4) Create suitable opportunities for alumni to engage with the university (i.e. events, networking, resourcing, etc.).
5) Improve Alumni satisfaction by producing high quality activities and improving communications to and from Alumni.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving Programs to increase the number of alumni donors and increase giving via the President’s Council and other levels of giving.
- In conjunction with the Director of Events, provide strategic and tactical leadership/direction in all Alumni events, ensuring that plans are effectively executed to achieve defined outcomes.
- Work with campus partners and deans to connect alumni who are involved in college advisory groups or other activities with the Alumni Association.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving Programs to develop and implement a strategy to educate and engage current students in a spirit of philanthropy from the time they enter GFU.
- Manage the Alumni Relations budget.
- Lead and supervise the Associate Director of Parent Relations, developing and supporting initiatives focused on building relationships and increasing parent engagement and support of the university. Initiatives include development of a Parent Leadership Committee and working with parents to increase volunteer support, engage parents of prospective students, and increase parent support of university Advancement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; three (3) years related work experience preferred.
- Management and leadership experience, including ability to recruit, organize, motivate and supervise employees and volunteers. Experience with donor development
- Ability to effectively manage several projects at once and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- High level of initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills; enjoys serving and helping others.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Vice President for University Advancement
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and a letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian Street, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may fax your information to 503-554- 2186 or scan and send to email@example.com. A letter of interest and resume must be accompanied by a signed application.
A link to our application can be found at:http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/staff.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.