Director of Alumni Relations
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Develop and manage a strategic plan on behalf of George Fox University alumni that will achieve desired outcomes, including:
- Increased engagement
- Increased satisfaction
- Increased number of donors
- Increased giving
- Work with the Alumni Association Board to support their leadership in building relationships with Alumni to increase alumni engagement and philanthropic giving.
- Create and implement a comprehensive Alumni Association Plan to include:
- a. increased engagement of Alumni,
- b. increased commitment from Alumni,
- c. increased number of donors from the Alumni pool, and
- d. increased gifts/donations from the entire Alumni Association
- Develop a full and representative Alumni Association Board consisting of alumni leaders and supporters through appropriate recruitment activities.
- Strategically plan and coordinate official Alumni Association Board meetings to drive initiatives toward desired outcomes.
- Create suitable opportunities for alumni to engage with the university (i.e. events, networking, resourcing, etc.).
- Improve Alumni satisfaction by producing high quality activities and improving communications to and from Alumni.
- In conjunction with the Director of Events, provide strategic and tactical leadership/direction in all Alumni events, ensuring that plans are effectively executed to achieve defined outcomes.
- Work with campus partners and deans to connect alumni who are involved in college advisory groups or other activities with the Alumni Association.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving Programs to develop and implement a strategy to educate and engage current students in a spirit of philanthropy from the time they enter GFU.
- Manage the Alumni Relations budget.
- Lead and supervise the Associate Director of Parent Relations, developing and supporting initiatives focused on building relationships and increasing parent engagement and support of the university. Initiatives include development of a Parent Leadership Committee and working with parents to increase volunteer support, engage parents of prospective students, and increase parent support of university Advancement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; three (3) years related work experience preferred.
- Management and leadership experience, including ability to recruit, organize, motivate and supervise employees and volunteers. Experience with donor development
- Ability to effectively manage several projects at once and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- High level of initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills; enjoys serving and helping others.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
REPORTS TO: Vice President for University Advancement
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and a letter of interest to:Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian Street, 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may fax your application materials to 503-554-2186 or scan and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. A letter of interest and resume must be accompanied by a signed application.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.