Enrollment Specialist III
OPENING DATE: October 15, 2015
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 12 Months
START DATE: As soon as possible
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The person in this position will serve students, faculty, staff and families by providing essential, important information to them regarding the university’s policies, procedures and more.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary contact for Newberg Registrar’s Office for walk-in traffic and phone calls, communicating office and university policies and procedures and providing direction.
- Manage and process of all incoming transcript requests.
- Act as a liaison between the Registrar’s Office and our third party transcript provider.
- Maintain student contact and personal information in the database; generate lists and reports as needed.
- Maintain student files including updating files, purging documents.
- Maintain and update forms for office, including FERPA release, major/minor change form, enrollment verification form, etc.
- Maintain commencement day tasks (i.e. ordering signs, supplies, food ordering, room set up/take down)
- Oversee commencement supplies; ordering and distribution for all campuses (i.e. regalia, diploma covers, inserts, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between the Registrar’s Office and our commencement supply providers.
- Maintain diploma printing software; print, proof, mail and document diplomas for students at time of completion of degree.
- Oversee university alternative credit arrangements for testing and communications (i.e., CLEP exams); maintain computer systems for testing.
- Manage and process all incoming enrollment verifications and degree verifications.
- Assist students in registration process.
- Facilitate special student and credit overlay student admission and registration.
- Track office expenditures, manage petty cash, and submit appropriate paperwork.
- Manage planning of Registrar supported events (i.e. Genesis, Exodus, Juniors Abroad registration, etc.).
- Assist in data cleanup and other special projects as they arise.
- Historic enrollment support/backup.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years experience in customer-focused environment
- Adept with technology and data entry/processing
- Strong interpersonal and customer service orientation to deal with the public and campus community in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Solid organizational skills required, including demonstrated ability to work independently and multi- task with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong teamwork skills, including in accomplishing organizational and unit goals
- Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends
- Good oral and written communication
- Discretion and tact in obtaining and using information
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website
- Appreciation for an inclusive environment that values diversity, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally
STARTING SALARY: $15.39 to $18.09 per hour, depending on experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Associate Registrar
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at: http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/admin.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.