Executive Assistant to Vice President and Dean of Seminary
George Fox Evangelical Seminary
OPENING DATE: January 22, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 12 Months
START DATE: Open until filled
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides executive administrative support to the dean and faculty of the seminary, and assist students and visitors to the seminary.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years of administrative support/office experience in a fast-paced environment, with detail orientation, a demonstrable grasp of budget management, including purchasing, petty cash, payables, receivables; event planning, extensive customer service, and a penchant for creating and maintaining accurate systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or systems preferred or a proven record of success in a high production, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (Mac or PC), including MS Office Suite.
- Superior customer service skills.
- The highest level of initiative, dependability and the ability to work independently.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail while working in an environment with frequent interruptions and a diverse, heavy workflow.
- A proven track record of discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- A deep understanding of, and appreciation for, the higher education work setting is greatly desired.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
STARTING SALARY: $34,420 to $40,447; depending on experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; health, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Vice President and Dean of Seminary
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at: http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/admin.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.