Graduate Admissions Counselor
Graduate AdmissionsOPENING DATE: September 12, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time; 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
- The Graduate Admissions Office is seeking a customer focused, sales oriented, and values driven Graduate Admissions Counselor to join our highly successful Admissions Team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to greatly impact the admissions experience for prospective students in the Masters in Teaching (MAT), and Educational Foundations and Leadership (EDFL) programs, as well as further the vision of George Fox University.
- You will promote the values and strengths of George Fox’s education programs to potential students, building on a solid understanding of their goals and priorities in the education field. Strategic thinking and collaboration with the MAT and EDFL departments will maximize the effectiveness of this position.
- We promise that every student at George Fox will “Be Known”. In our vibrant, Christian academic community our strong sense of mission and purpose creates an opportunity for a creative, courageous, and intellectual “go-getter” to thrive and make a significant impact on the lives of students who want to accomplish their life-long dreams.
- If you are motivated to achieve aggressive results within a rewarding and mission driven environment, we invite you to apply for this position.
- Develop, implement and analyze recruitment strategies for graduate programs -- including correspondence, presentations, information meetings, interviews, and follow-up strategies.
- Establish and foster relationships with influencers in educational and/or church arenas via personal visits and frequent communication.
- Provide overview of and direct prospective students to appropriate student services including financial aid, registrar, and housing.
- Research market and analyze trends regarding assigned academic program(s). Collaborate with Graduate Admissions Director and academic program directors to develop long-term enrollment strategies. Contribute to the setting of recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Provide input for marketing efforts such as publications, advertising, campus visits, and web site information. Evaluate effectiveness and suggest modifications.
- Establish and maintain a dynamic, cooperative relationship with program directors and faculty in areas of assigned programs.
- Prepare and organize graduate student credentials for program admissions committees.
- Represent the University as an exhibitor at career fairs, professional conferences, and trade shows. Research new venues and assess effectiveness of conferences, shows and fairs.
- Support admissions and recruitment efforts in all graduate programs as a member of the Graduate Admissions team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to two years professional experience; sales/marketing, public education, or higher education admissions experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including Oregon driver’s license.
- Proven ability to learn and use technology, including social media and university database.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- High level of initiative and goal orientation, including motivation to achieve aggressive goals.
- Commitment to teamwork and strong teamwork skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and understanding of needs of adult students.
- Understanding of the Teachers Standards and Practices Commission licensing, authorization, and endorsement requirements preferred.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Commitment to issues of ethnic and gender diversity. Candidates should also value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.