HR/Payroll Specialist I, Part-time
Human ResourcesOPENING DATE: June 20, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 0.5FTE; 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
The person hired for this position will join an HR office of five professionals and several part-time student employees who are committed to effectively providing human resources and payroll services to students and employees.
- Assist with recruitment of staff and administrators by creating and posting position announcements to the George Fox website and other websites as needed. Assist student employees with letters, tracking, answering inquiries, etc. as needed.
- Support the performance review process by sending feedback survey email invitations via email; create surveys as needed; maintain performance review tracking spreadsheet; run three-month performance review query monthly.
- Respond to requests for verifications of employment and process unemployment claims timely.
- Assist in providing reception in person and by phone, assisting visitors and callers with information, forms, etc.
- Assist with PeopleSoft database maintenance, including inputting W-4s, Direct Deposit, and employee contact changes; setting up temporary employees; assisting with tracking duplicate ID nos., etc. Also assist with regular and student payroll as needed.
- Submit orders online to vendor for background checks and communicate results to HR director and supervisors.
- Maintain personnel filing accurately and timely, including new personnel file setups and scanning forms to filing digitally.
- Process incoming mail daily and ensure mail is taken to mail services daily.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, including preparing and placing orders to vendor; create purchase orders as needed.
- Assist as needed with various other tasks and projects, including mailings, service awards, open enrollment, tuition remission requests, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience; college experience helpful; payroll and/or HR experience helpful.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office Suite, email, internet and data entry; data base experience preferred.
- Good organization skills and ability to work in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Strong detail orientation, including high level of speed and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. You may fax your information to 503 554 2186 or scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a letter of interest and signed application. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.