Nurse Practitioner / Physician's Assistant
OPENING DATE: August 5, 2016
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full-time, 9 Months
START DATE: As soon as possible
- Full-Time 9 months (Academic year - Summers, Christmas, and Spring break off!)
- Monday through Friday
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience.COMPETITIVE BENEFITS:
- Full Malpractice Coverage
- License/DEA fees paid
- Paid holidays
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- Retirement plan (employer contribution is 6%)
- Tuition remission for dependent children
- Allowance and paid time off for continuing education
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To provide primary care to students within the scope of his/her practice. To evaluate, diagnose, treat and/or prescribe health care and treatment for students and to provide referrals as indicated. This position participates with the Health and Counseling Center staff in developing programs and services for the campus community. Each student visit is a health education opportunity.
- Evaluate student’s health problems through assessment, diagnosis, evaluation, intervention and plan development. Perform physical exams. Consult with other health care providers as needed and refer as appropriate.
- Initiate a plan of treatment and provide health education consistent with clinical impression, with emphasis on preventative health care and responsibility for self-care. Perform specialized diagnostic procedures such as pap smears and screening tests for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Promptly record appropriate, accurate, and complete clinical record entries upon individual student contact, including medical information of symptoms, observations, assessments and recovery plan.
- Assess the need for, prescribe, and administer appropriate medication, injections, and immunizations.
- Order, interpret, and recognize abnormal findings of diagnostic tests.
- Work closely with other medical and mental health team members to promote continuity and total client care within the integrated health care model of the Health and Counseling Center.
- Promote and assist with health education programs on campus and with individual students.
- Participate in the development of new protocols, procedure manuals, standing orders, and quality assurance to improve the level of health care provided.
- Collaborate with other departments in providing policy advice and medical screening for their student activities (e.g., travel medicine for junior's abroad, worker's comp for human resources, assisting graduate professional programs with immunizations and TB tests, etc.).
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal advisory role.
- Must hold a current Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant license in the state of Oregon.
- Significant clinical experience preferred, particularly in women’s health.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
- Provide a copy of malpractice insurance cover sheet as proof of coverage and maintain such coverage while providing services at GFU.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
REPORTS TO: Director of Health and Counseling
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at:http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/staff.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.