Programmer Analyst - Administrative ComputingPOSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENING DATE: July 31, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time; 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible.
As part of the administrative computing team, this position provides support for campus wide PeopleSoft administrative software system and its users. This position would also work closely with the database administrator to provide backup database support and to assist in maintenance and upgrades of enterprise software systems.
- Support administrative software systems and the users for various GFU administrative departments.
- Develop and support applications that interface with the administrative software systems.
- Apply scheduled maintenance and patches to administrative software systems.
- Serve as back up database administrator for all Oracle databases.
- Provide database administration support for other university databases.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least two years of database or enterprise level software development experience preferred.
- Experience with relational database systems.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL required. In addition, some combination of experience with php, Python, Java and/or PeopleSoft PeopleTools is required.
- Experience working within Windows and UNIX/Linux server environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range G; $42,630 to $50,000 depending on experience. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Enterprise Software
Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may also fax your application materials to 503 554 2186 or scan & send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.