- Full-Time 9 months (Academic year - Summers, Christmas, and Spring break off!)
- Monday through Friday
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience.COMPETITIVE BENEFITS:
- Full Malpractice Coverage
- License/DEA fees paid
- Paid holidays
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- Retirement plan (employer contribution is 6%)
- Tuition remission for dependent children
- Allowance and paid time off for continuing education
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students first. Christ in everything. Innovation to improve outcomes.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To promote academic success by providing resources that assist students in maintaining good physical and mental health. Promote wellness through education and treatment. Develop and enhance the programs and services provided to the campus community.
- Assist Physician/Nurse Practitioner during scheduled appointment hours: determine chief complaint, obtain vital signs, and perform any ordered testing. Perform venipuncture, administration of medications, or vaccinations as needed.
- Provide assessment, first aid, and referral when the Physician/NP is unavailable.
- Assist others in the department as needed including answering phones and scheduling patients.
- Keep accurate, up to date medical records.
- Contribute to the smooth, efficient operation of the Health and Counseling Center by maintaining supplies, equipment, and medical areas.
- Cooperate with Area Coordinators and Resident Assistants in dealing with student health concerns.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the University to help students meet requirements for off campus study, travel immunizations, or physical exams.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal advisory role.
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
- Licensed (or license eligible) to practice nursing in the State of Oregon.
- Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
- Experience in public health or school nursing helpful.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Student Services
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox University application application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St, Box 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
A link to our application can be found at:http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/hr/staff.html. It is in fill-able format. However, it must be printed to initial and sign it.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.