Security Officer, Part-timeOPENING DATE: June 19, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 16 hours per week; 12 months
SCHEDULED WORK HOURS: Weekends: 11pm Friday - 7am Saturday; 11pm Saturday - 7am Sunday
START DATE: As soon as possible
This position exists to provide security for the campus during assigned shifts. Specific duties include:
- Patrol campus.
- Secure buildings.
- Provide security services such as escorts, jump-starts, and vehicle unlocks.
- Investigate suspicious persons/events and report as appropriate.
- Communicate with director and other officers.
- Monitor video cameras when in office.
- Provide good public relations with students and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous security experience helpful.
- Good physical condition, including the ability to traverse on foot and by bicycle all kinds of terrain, often in the dark; climb stairs; and be on one’s feet up to 8 hours per shift
- Ability to utilize the “use of force policy” if necessary
- DPSST certification preferred, or must be qualified to be certified which includes having no criminal record.
- Good judgment and poise under pressure
Must be available and willing to work weekend graveyard shift (11pm to 7am)
Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website; and candidates should also value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range 3; Minimum $12.15 - $14.28/hr) depending on experience.
REPORTS TO: Director of Security Services
TO APPLY: Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR 97132. Your application materials may also be scanned and attached to an email to: HR@georgefox.edu. If you choose to fax your materials, our fax number is 503-554-2186. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.