OPENING DATE: April 9, 2014
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon As Possible
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students First. Christ in Everything. Innovation to Improve Outcomes
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This person will be responsible for all aspects of the university’s Linux servers and file storage, as well as managing ERP software updates.
- Design, implement, and maintain Linux servers, NAS and SAN storage, internal and external file shares, server and client desktop backups, monitoring, load balancers, firewalls, security, disaster recovery, business continuity, authentication, email, database administration, custom web and application development environments, hosted services for the university, and data center design and management across multiple data centers.
- Manage software installations and upgrades.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for complex integrated systems used throughout the university.
- Research new and alternative technologies to ensure the department continues to move forward, applying industry best practices and providing appropriate services to the university.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for university systems.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- Identify tasks in need of automation and develop scripts necessary to manage them.
- Monitor and collect data relevant to system uptime, performance, and operation.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of hands-on system and storage administration experience in an enterprise environment required.
- Expertise with Linux in both bare metal and VM environments required.
- In-depth experience provisioning and managing file shares, databases, and user accounts.
- Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS, and open source software such as Apache httpd, Tomcat, BIND, and Postfix.
- Ability to read and write various scripting languages including but not limited to Bash, Python, PHP, and Perl.
- Experience working in a SAN/NAS environment and managing storage for Linux, Windows, VMware, and end users
- A high level of initiative, dependability and ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Infrastructure
TO APPLY: Submit George Fox University application, resume and letter of interest to
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian #6108
Newberg, OR 97132.
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
The university reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.