UnderGraduate Admissions Office
OPENING DATE: June 13, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: July 15, 2013
RESPONSIBILITIES: To coordinate and execute key logistics of visitor experience efforts, and to be a collaborative member of the Visitor Experience staff.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Arrange details of individual student visits to campus, including visits to classes, meetings with faculty, coaches and admissions counselors, campus tours, overnight accommodations etc. and provide communication with visitors, prior to, during and following up their visit
- Keep visit record data up to date in admissions database
- Coordinate key logistics for events as assigned by Assistant Director of Visit Experience
- Be a collaborative member of the Visitor Experience staff in accomplishing our mission of connecting our prospective students and families to the George Fox experience in an engaging, memorable and authentic way
- Coordinate group campus visits
- Provide second tier phone coverage and first tier front desk reception coverage for undergraduate admissions office
- Manage a small recruitment territory
- Supervise one student intern to accomplish core Visit Coordinator responsibilities
- Assist in the evaluation of current visit experience efforts including researching, brainstorming, proposing and implementing enhancements to the program
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two years previous office/clerical experience preferred
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on the telephone, and to understand and follow instructions
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy required
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently, and in a team
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range 5; Minimum $29,201 – $34,314, depending on exp. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.