Web ProgrammerPOSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
OPENING DATE: September 17, 2012
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
As part of a fun, collaborative team of marketing professionals who enjoy discovering and implementing innovative ways to showcase George Fox University, the Web programmer will create and maintain Web pages and scripts and ensure compatibility of Web content to all platforms, including mobile devices, working to ensure a consistent experience for all Web visitors.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with Web designers to ensure a quality look and feel across all pages of the university website.
- Create and review scripts used by pages to ensure user experience or to gather user information, and manage technical systems created by Web Development for online event tracking and payment. Scripts and systems on university pages are written using Apache, PHP & MySQL, with Python being used in some circumstances.
- Maintain and develop new content for a mobile version of the university website, and do testing to ensure content looks correct on various mobile devices.
- Review navigation structure to ensure ease of use and make modifications to site structure as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant programming languages such as PHP, SQL, and others.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and creative abilities.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently as well as in groups of varying skills.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website. Candidates should also value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
Pay Range E; Minimum $35,232 - $44,040, depending on experience
Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Web Development
Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian, No. 6108
Newberg, OR 97132
You may also fax your application materials to 503 554 2186 or scan & send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.