Website Usability & SEO AdministratorOPENING DATE: February 18, 2013
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
This position will contribute to the collaborative team in discovering and implementing innovative and effective ways to showcase George Fox University through Search Engine Optimization and ensuring our website pages are optimal for usability.
Specific essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Help set SEO performance indicators which complement overall marketing and business objectives.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations, and in consultation with Director of Web Development and Director of Marketing Communications, execute strategies for content development to meet established performance indicators.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across major search channels.
- Ensure that George Fox Web pages have been technically optimized to attract and engage visitors that match the profile of the target audience.
- Review and optimize pages and site structure to ensure usability and optimal conversion rates for the site.
- Work with designers to implement new web pages for the university website, and ensure a quality look and feel across the entire site.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools.
Associated Duties include:
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools) for diagnostic reporting.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with university objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree preferred; 1-2 years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Passion for SEO and Internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Experience working with keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc)
- Experience working with Content Management System (CMS) and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Experience with traditional programming languages (especially PHP and Python) and database systems (especially MySQL) preferred
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
COMPENSATION: Pay Range E; Minimum $35,232 - $44,040, depending on experience. Competitive benefits: Vacation; sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Web Development
Submit application, resume, and letter of interest to: Office of Human Resources, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian, No. 6108, Newberg, OR, 97132. You may also fax your application materials to 503 554 2186 or scan & send to email@example.com. The University reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.