International Student Resources
We are pleased to offer assistance to our international students seeking employment experience in the US as a part of their education and as it complies with Visa status. We hope the following information is helpful and you are also cordially invited to visit us in our office, on the first floor of Stevens.
Job Search Resources
- H1Visa Jobs
- International Student site-general
- Optional Practical Training
- Asian Life
- Benchfolks - IT focus
- Asian Jobs
Awareness of American Industry & Culture
- Occupational & Industry Information in America (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Click on "Career Guides/Career Guide to Industries"
- American Cultural Attitudes
- International Students Guide of the USA - American Values
- Life in the USA
- American Values
- Association for International Practical Training (AIPT) works with the company and trainee to arrange visa sponsorship, required insurance and provide program support for individuals to complete on-the-job-training assignments in the United States. AIPT can also arrange work permits for students and professionals to go from the United States to one of 80 countries, and provide program support before and during the international assignment.
- INNternationale is a residence, conference center and world cafe for international students and visiting scholars at UD and in the community.
- ForeignMBA.com This site has useful information for international MBA students.
- The Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services provides names of 102 companies that had more than 60 INS -approved petitions. You must have Acrobat Reader to view or print these reports in portable document format.
- National Society of Hispanics MBAs NSHMBA fosters Hispanics' leadership through graduate management education and professional development in order to have a better society. NSHMBA organizes an annual Conference and Career Expo for Hispanic students in the U.S.
- Portland State University site for international students: Links of employers who have hired international students.
- Portland Community College: It has visa data and information about eligibility for working in the U.S.
- East-West Center Graduate Programs and Scholarships