Employee Network Information
The vast majority of employee computers are already connected to the Ethernet network. Those with portable computers may have the option of connecting via wireless where it is available.
- What it is: A wireless network connection to your device.
- Where it is:The Portland Center has wireless coverage throughout the buildings.
The Newberg campus has complete wireless coverage in all student housing and classrooms. Most administrative offices have wireless available. Large public areas like the Bruin Den, Miller Gymnasium, Student Union Building, and MLRC also have access.
Off campus, many businesses including our local coffee shops offer wireless networking to customers.
- How to connect: You will need to connect to either Bruin-Secure or Bruin-Guest. For more information about connecting please view our wifi page. Report any problems connecting to the IT Service Desk. Computers brought to campus from home or elsewhere may need to be configured to use the network - again, contact the IT Service Desk.
- What it is: A physical network connection using an Ethernet cord.
- Where it is: All campus offices and many classrooms. Public ports are available in the Bruin Den, MLRC Library, EHS Atrium, and Stevens Center. Ethernet is also in use in all student halls, suites, and apartments and some houses. Some hotels offer Ethernet connections to guests.
- How to connect: Your computer should already be configured and tested for the university network. Report any problems connecting to the IT Service Desk. Computers brought to campus from home or elsewhere may need to be configured to use the network - again, contact the IT Service Desk.