New to George Fox
Welcome to the George Fox community! Whether you're visiting George Fox or preparing to make George Fox your home, we are pleased to introduce you to the IT department and its services.
George Fox maintains two wireless networks:
Foxpublic is provided as a courtesy to guests on campus.
This network requires a WPA2 key to access. Guests can contact
the IT Service Desk to request the key.
Foxwifi is provided for staff, faculty, and student use. Access to this network requires your George Fox username and password.
See our wifi page for more information.
George Fox Usernames and Passwords
- When your George Fox username is created, your username and initial password will be e-mailed to all of your e-mail addresses on file with George Fox.
- Prospective students - Your George Fox username is created during the Admissions process.
- New Faculty, Staff, and Adjuncts - Your George Fox username is created during the hiring process.
- When you log in to MyGFU for the first time, you'll be asked to change your initial password. After this initial change, you must change your password every 180 days. You'll receive e-mail reminders to do so.
- Learn more about your password.
Special for Students
- What type of computer or mobile device will I need?
- Is student employment available in IT?
- Yes. Think you have what it takes to work for IT? Find out how to apply for employment as a student, and become part of 'IT.'
- How do I set up wireless printing?
- See instructions.
- What does IT do for students?
- See our discussion.
- How do I check out equipment?
- Contact Media Production Services.