New to George Fox
Welcome to the George Fox community! Whether you're visiting George Fox or preparing to make George Fox your home, we are pleased to introduce you to the IT department and its services.
The Bruin-Guest wireless network is provided as a courtesy for guests on campus. Summer groups on campus will often receive special instructions on connecting. Individual guests' mobile devices (phones, tablets, and laptops) can get internet access with a pass-code sent to their phone via text or to an email address. Simply connect and register on the Bruin-Guest wireless network.
The Bruin-Secure wireless network is intended for student, faculty and staff use. Access to this network requires your George Fox username and password.
See our wifi page for more information.
George Fox Usernames and Passwords
When your George Fox username is created, your username and initial password will be emailed to all of your email addresses on file with George Fox.
- Prospective students - Your George Fox username is created during the Admissions process.
- New Faculty, Staff, and Adjuncts - Your George Fox username is created once the hiring process is complete.
- Returning Students and Employees - Your previous George Fox username is still active but you will need to call the IT Service Desk to get your password reset.
- Password Resets - IT Service Desk, call 503-554-2569 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you log in to MyGFU for the first time, you'll be asked to change your initial password. If you receive elevated permissions due to a role or job on campus, your password will need to be reset every 180 days. You will receive reminders to do so.
Learn more about your password.
Special for Students
- What type of computer or mobile device will I need?
- Is student employment available in IT?
- Yes. Think you have what it takes to work for IT? Find out how to apply for employment as a student, and become part of 'IT.'
- What does IT do for students?
- How do I check out equipment?