Electronic Books (E-Books)
E-books can feel a little tricky at first, but are great once you get the hang of them.
Below is information on using e-books from some of our largest vendors.
- 115,000+ titles
- Links from the table of contents
- Embedded dictionary
- Full-text searching
- Access page-by-page or chapter-by-chapter
EBSCO Academic E-Book Collection Guide
by George Fox Librarian Robin Ashford
Note: To download titles from the Ebooks on EBSCOhost collection you must have Adobe Digital Editions loaded on your computer.
Provides access to over 100,000 digital titles.
Note: To download titles from the Ebrary collection you must have Adobe Digital Editions loaded on your computer.
- Comprehensive Guide to Ebrary — created by George Fox librarian Robin Ashford. Covers key features, including creating an account, reading and downloading books and using ebrary books on a mobile device.
Growing collection of over 16,000 e-books available through the Orbis Cascade Alliance consortium.
To download titles from the EBL collection you must have Adobe Digital Editions* loaded on your computer.
Instructions for accessing these titles are listed below.
- For the item you want in Primo, select the "Full text available at: EBL e-books" link.
- Select George Fox University from the drop down menu. Click GO.
- Log in with your MyGFU credentials:
Note: Some of the titles require you to click “Read Online” before you can download them.
Search the thousands of journals published by Springer, most of which are available through our libraries, as well as over 30,000 full text ebooks.
Book chapters are available as separate printable PDFs.
PsycBOOKS from the American Psychological Association (APA), includes over 50,000 chapters in PDF from thousands of books, published by APA and other distinguished publishers.
It includes over 1,600 classic books of landmark historical impact in psychology dating from the 1600s, and the exclusive electronic release of more than 1,500 authored entries from the APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of Psychology