Distance Services: BooksThe George Fox University libraries house over 200,000 volumes in the circulating collection. In addition, students, faculty, and staff have access to over 9 million unique titles through the Summit libraries in the Pacific Northwest. Finally, through Interlibrary Loan, access is available to almost any title found within a library in the United States.
- GFU LIBRARIES
- Visit either the Newberg campus or Portland campus libraries and check out books.
- Request books online from the George Fox Libraries Catalog (Foxtrax). Once you have found the book you want, click on the link of the book title and then click on the button at the top of the screen labeled REQUEST and follow the directions. Choose the appropriate pickup location from the drop-down menu and click submit. Students attending classes at Redmond, Salem, online course (from a distance) and other Distance students will have your GFU items mailed to your home.
- FROM ORBIS-CASCADE (SUMMIT) LIBRARIES
On December 1st, 2008, the Alliance launched its new Summit catalog. With one search, this new catalog allows the discovery of materials from both the Summit system and the WorldCat catalog.
- You may access the Summit online catalog from the GFU library home page. You may also click on Foxtrax and then click on the Summit tab. George Fox students may order books online from the Summit catalog. After searching and finding the desired item, click on "Request Summit item" to submit a request. Follow instructions to sign-in. You will need to enter your name and your 14-digit barcode from your University ID card. Choose the appropriate pickup location from the drop-down menu and click submit. Students attending classes at Redmond, Salem, online courses (from a distance) and other Distance students will have your Summit items mailed to your home.
- Those of you who live closer to another Summit library may choose to pick up your library items at that library. Ask staff at that library to "adopt" you as a Summit patron. Then you may log in as one of their students, and request items to be delivered to that location for you. Here are all the Summit libraries.
- Visit any of the Summit libraries. George Fox students, faculty and staff can browse and check out books from these libraries when they present a valid George Fox ID card at the library circulation desk.
- FROM OTHER ACADEMIC AND PUBLIC LIBRARIES
In addition to Summit libraries referenced above, Oregon and Washington based students have check-out privileges at a number of other academic libraries in Oregon and Washington. Northwest Association of Private Colleges and Universities(NAPCU) are also libraries that will check out books to George Fox University students, faculty, and staff. You will need your current GFU ID at the point of check out. Books borrowed at NAPCU locations must also be returned to these locations. There are also three seminary libraries with which GFU has reciprocal agreements. They are: Western Seminary, Trinity College and Theological Seminary, Multnomah University, and the Golden Gate Baptist Seminary. For additional information on libraries in your area please click on the link to the Portland, Salem or Redmond.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
If you cannot find the books you need in the George Fox or Summit catalogs, you may request interlibrary loan service to obtain the desired book. You may fill out a request form at our interlibrary loan page.