Accessing journal articles
- The George Fox Library has access to more than 49,000 journals contained in 108 databases. Journal, newspaper, and magazine articles are indexed within these databases. Many articles are available full text. Those articles not available full text can be found in the physical journal collection at the Newberg or Portland Campus libraries or can be ordered through Interlibrary Loan.
- Students, staff, and faculty may access the databases remotely. When prompted, enter your last name and the 14 digit ID number found on your student ID card.
- Use the Subject Guides tab located on the library website to find recommended databases in which to search for articles.
- Use the Databases A-Z link located on the library home page to search for articles in a particular database. Read the database descriptions to determine the subject of the articles included in the databases.
- Search for full text articles from a particular journal title. On the library home page locate the Foxtrax catalog, select "journal title" from the drop down menu, and enter the title of a journal. Select a corresponding database and then search within that database for an article.