Library privileges and information for alumni
George Fox University alumni are welcome to use the library!
Joining the library
Library cards are free for alumni.
There are three ways to get a card:
1) Bring in your student ID card
2) Fill out the community patron online application
3) Fill out a community patron application at the Circulation Desk.
- Check out up to 10 books at a time from GFU libraries.
- Place books on Hold (click on the “Request” button in Foxtrax)
- Renew materials up to two times, unless a Hold has been placed them
- Use of our library catalog (FoxTrax)
Note: Standard loan periods and fines apply.
- SAGE Journals -- Access hundreds of academic journals
- Alexander Street Press databases -- Huge volume of music files, musical scores, and psychological therapy sessions
- Access to library computers, printers, and scanners
- Use of the library databases (on campus only)
Note:Public-access computers at our libraries exist to serve the students, faculty, and staff of George Fox University. These primary patrons have priority and any guest (including alumni) will use the computers on a space-available basis.
Alumni library privileges do not include:
- Off-campus access to databases (other than Sage Journals and Alexander Street Press databases)
- Summit borrowing, Interlibrary Loan or mailing materials to a home address
- Checking out videos, DVD’s, juvenile books or reserve items