Murdock Learning Resource Center (MLRC)
Portland Center Library (PCL)
Borrowing and Returning MaterialsBorrowing:
To check out materials, you must present your current ID card at the Circulation Desk. Library staff checks out materials to you by scanning the barcode on your library card and the barcode on the material you are borrowing.
You may return materials owned by the Portland Center Library (PCL) to either the Newberg or Portland location. Likewise you may return material owned by the Murdock Learning Resource Center (MLRC) to the Portland or Newberg location.
All library notices are sent to George Fox University email accounts. Notices will be sent when items have arrived for pick-up, before items are due, and when items become overdue.
Loan Periods and Fines
Fines are charged for overdue items.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Overdue Fine|
|George Fox Books||4 weeks||
$.25 per day
|George Fox AV Items||1 week||
$1.00 per day
|Summit Books||6 weeks (no renewal)||$.50 per day|
|Summit AV Items||6 days (no renewal)||$.50 per day|
|Interlibrary Loan Books||Determined by lending library (usually about 3 weeks)||$.25 per day|
|Course Reserves: short-term||2, 4, or 24 hours||$.25 per hour|
|Course Reserves: long-term||3 or 7 days||$1.00 per day|
- George Fox University and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials have a maximum late fee of $10 per item. When the maximum is reached, the item is assumed lost and you will be billed. This bill will include the late fee plus the replacement cost of the item.
- Summit items have a maximum late fee of $20 per item plus a replacement cost of $90 per item.
- Lost or damaged materials may on occasion be replaced by the patron. However, prior approval is required.
Printing, Copying and Scanning
To print from a computer in the Information Commons, you must have money on your George Fox Papercut account.
Papercut cards can be purchased in $1 or $5 increments at the Circulation Desk.
Cost to Print:
- B/W = $.10
- Color = $.25
To copy material in the Information Commons, you must have money on your Papercut account. Use your George Fox ID card to operate the machines.
Cost to Copy:
- B/W = $.10
- Color = $.15
To scan material use the Xerox Color Qube.
Cost to Scan = Free
George Fox University Owned Materials:
Items may be renewed online before their due date.
- Select "My Account" on the library homepage
- Login using your MyGFU credentials
- Select "Items currently checked out"
- Either select "Renew All," or mark the items you wish to renew and select "Renew Selected"
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Materials:
- Request a renewal in your interlibrary loan account (https://ill.georgefox.edu/). Be sure to request a renewal before the due date, as renewals are granted by the lending institution. If you need to request a renewal after the due date, please call 503-554-2423.
- May not be renewed, however, material can be re-requested.
George Fox University materials currently checked out may be requested. In Primo, select the request button and enter the appropriate information.
Summit materials are requested through a GFU + Summit search. If the request cannot be fulfilled, you will be redirected to an interlibrary loan form. You can keep track of your Summit request in My Account.
Materials placed on reserve by professors for student use can be located by setting the search scope in Primo to Course Reserves. Search by course or professor name.
Reserves in digital format can be accessed and downloaded for personal use.
Other materials on reserve will be housed behind the Circulation Desk. Please bring the title of the material, the professor’s name, and the course title when you come to the Circulation Desk.