Special Student - High School
High School Students
A High School Special Student program is available to qualified high school students. This permits study in undergraduate courses at George Fox University while a student completes a high school program. Enrollment is at the discretion of George Fox University.
- An applicant must have completed the sophomore year of high school.
- An applicant who graduated from high school more than six months ago is not eligible.
- Students must receive grades of C or better in GFU classes to continue taking classes as a High School Special Student.
- Students pay a $40 registration fee each semester.
- Fall or Spring terms: Students pay $50/credit
- May term and Summer Online Sessions: Students pay traditional undergraduate tuition, which is 50% of the full traditional undergraduate tuition in fall and spring. See the Student Financial Services page for the specific per credit rates.
What do I need to know?
- Students are limited to one class per fall or spring semester.
- Students are limited to one class in May Term in the summer semester.
- Students are limited to three classes in the Summer Online sessions during summer semester.
- A maximum of 12 credits can be accrued as a High School Special Student.
- Some courses may require department chair/program director permission to enroll.
- Enrollment is at the discretion of the University.
- Regular admission is required to enter a degree program and special student enrollment does not guarantee subsequent admission to any degree program.
Application Procedures for High School Special Student
- Search the Class Schedule to find a listing of available courses.
- Browse the Catalog for course descriptions.
- Download an application, indicating your course selection.
- On the first day of class, the student should contact the Registrar's Office to determine if space is available for the course. If space is not available, the application form and payment will be returned. If the space is available, the student will be admitted to the class and charged course and lab fees if applicable.