Building a First Year Schedule
The following guidelines are recommendations for building a schedule with your advisor for your first year at George Fox:
- Your Writing/Communication requirements should be fulfilled during your freshman year. You should plan to fulfill your writing requirement one semester and communication requirement the other. 3 credits each, fall and spring semester.
- Select a section of BIBL 100, Bible Survey for fall or spring. 4 credits. (If you wish, you may take both BIBL 101 (fall) and BIBL 102 (spring) instead of BIBL 100. 6 credits.)
- Select major requirements or prerequisite courses that need to be taken the freshman year (see your advisor for more information and specific major requirements).
- Select one or two courses from Humanities general education courses for each semester. 3-6 credits, fall and/or spring semester.
- Select one or two courses from Science/Social Science/Math for each semester. 3-6 credits, fall and/or spring semester.
- Select a Freshman Seminar course. 1 credit, fall semester.
- Other courses such as HHPA activity courses or applied music classes may be selected to total 15-16 credits.