CLEP - College Level Examination Program
Newberg Campus Test Dates:
We offer the following examination dates:Wednesday, May 22, 2013 @ 2:00pm* Wednesday, June 5, 2013 @ 2:00pm*
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 @ 2:00pm* (FULL) *Students taking a proctored exam given by BYU or LSU, testing will begin 30 mins earlier than the scheduled time above.
- Available tests
- Course equivalencies The George Fox minimum score requirement equates to earning a grade of B for the equivalent course. The College Board lists the ACE recommended scores which equate to grades of C. Requirements are subject to change. Students are subject to the standards in force at the time scores are submitted. A maximum of 32 semester credits may be earned at George Fox University through examination or other non-classroom credit procedures. This includes all alternative credit opportunities.
- Sign up You are only allowed to take one exam per exam session.
On July 1, 2010, CLEP will launch two new exams: College Composition and College Composition Modular. Simultaneously, three CLEP exams will be retired:
- English Composition with Essay will be replaced by College Composition
- English Composition will be replaced by College Composition Modular.
- Freshman College Composition will be replaced by College Composition Modular.
Both of the new examinations will assess writing skills taught in most first-year college composition courses. Please visit the CLEP Web site for more information http://professionals.collegeboard.com/higher-ed/placement/clep/policy/composition
Payment$80 - payable to CLEP by Credit card (preferred) or check
$15 - payable to George Fox University by cash, check or money order
$95 - Total Cost
There is a $15 surcharge for returned checks or insufficient credit on your credit card account.
Effective July 1, 2012, the CLEP exam fee will be $80.
George Fox University Newberg campus - LOCATION CHANGE: Murdock Learning Resource Center (Campus Library), basement floor. Campus Map
George Fox University Boise campus - 1810 S Eagle Road, Meridian, ID 83642
Preparing for the ExamRefer to the course equivalency information listed above.
Examinations may not be repeated within six months of the testing date.
CLEP test prep materials available through public libraries, local bookstores, or college bookstores. CLEP exams reflect introductory college courses.
Visit the College Board website for: downloadable individual subject study guides ($10 each) and the CLEP Sampler (free demo). Both of these items are found in the CLEP Official Study Guide. George Fox University students may check out this guide from the Newberg campus library for two days at a time.Other CLEP Study Resources:
CLEP ID PolicyStudents must present two forms of personal identification in order to be admitted to a CLEP testing room.
The PRIMARY ID must be a government-issued photo ID. The ID must include the candidate's name, signature, and a recognizable photograph.
Acceptable forms of primary identification include:
- Current passport with name photograph, and signature
- Valid driver's license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- If the student is a minor and unable to provide a primary government issued ID, the the College Board ID Form may be used for the primary ID. This form must include a recognizable photo, and the school seal must overlap the photo. The student must sign the ID form in the presence of their couselor or principal. The student will be asked to sign the ID form again at the test center. This form is valid only in the United States test centers. It must be dated and is good for only one year. Contact CLEP Services for information on obtaining the College Board ID form.
- The SECONDARY ID must contain either a photo or a signature. Acceptable form of secondary identification include:
- A current Student ID
- A military ID (Common Access Card)
- An unused ID from the primary choices above