Exam Proctoring Services
Some online or distance education courses offered at other institutions require students to take proctored exams. The course instructor will indicate this via the course syllabus, email, or class announcement. Not all online courses may required proctored exams.
A proctor is a person that will supervise a student while they are taking an exam. Proctors are used to ensure academic integrity during the testing session. It is the student's responsibility to find and schedule a proctor in a timely fashion to take their exam.
The Registrar's Office is approved to proctor Brigham Young University exams only. The proctoring is available to George Fox University students only.
Newberg Campus Proctoring Dates
Proctoring is currently available by appointment only, and test times will not start after 3 PM.
If you are not able to take your exam on the dates and times offered by George Fox University, you can browse for local proctoring locations on the National College Testing Association webpage.
How to Sign up for a Proctoring Services
- IMPORTANT: Do not request your BYU exam be sent until you've contacted the Registrar's Office and scheduled a test date.
- Contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a proctoring session. Please list your top two choices of dates in the email.
- Once you have reserved a seat at the proctoring session, request that your test be sent to the Registrar's Office from BYU.
George Fox University Newberg campus - Stevens Center Campus Map
Day of the Exam
- Meet at the Registrar's Office 10 minutes before the start of the test
- If you arrive to the office after the testing session has already begun, you will not be allowed to enter and will have to reschedule your proctoring time.
- Bring one form of photo I.D.
- Bring any items allowed by your instructor for the exam (i.e. calculator, books, notes, etc.)
- Reminder - cell phones, laptops, tablets, and/or PDAs are not allowed during your exam.
For additional information, please contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or call (503)554-2218.