Transfer Credit Equivalencies
Transferring credit from another college/universityAll liberal arts courses taken at an accredited college or university will transfer to George Fox University; vocational courses generally do not transfer. Here are some things to keep in mind as you consider taking classes to transfer back to George Fox.
- Official transcripts are required for credit to be transferred. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 64 semester hours or 96 quarter hours will be accepted from community colleges.
- A maximum of 96 semester hours, including alternative credit such as AP tests and CLEP exams, will be accepted
- Only course work with a grade of "C-" or better will be accepted.
- Courses must be 100-level or higher.
- 100/200 level courses will not be accepted for 300/400 level courses.
- One quarter credit=2/3 semester credit
We are in the process of developing transfer equivalencies through the College Source Transfer Equivalency System. Several schools are listed here. If the school you intend to transfer credits from is not listed, please contact the appropriate Enrollment Manager in the Registrar's Office.
We also have our previous Transfer Equivalency Guides available. These are menus of all the possible courses you could take at different Oregon and Washington community colleges in order to fulfill the George Fox general education requirements. We've also made guides available for majors having suggested/required transfer courses in addition to general education.
The school I will be transferring credits from is not listed here. What should I do?