Campus Parking Lots And Permit Designations
George Fox University Security Services issues colored vehicle permits which correspond with designated parking areas (see campus map).
Parking area allocations are subject to change. Notices and signs will be posted; it is the motorist's responsibility to be aware of such changes. Some areas have reserved parking spaces specifically designated for certain departments or uses. Any unauthorized vehicle found in a reserved space will be cited.White hangtag permit (employee)
Orange hangtag permit (adjunct professor)
- Employee permits allow staff and faculty to park near their job sites. Please avoid all residential parking lots and any neighborhoods west of Meridian Street.
- For the 2015-16 academic year, PARKING HAS CHANGED FOR COMMUTERS! Please view the 2015-16 parking brochure map for all commuter parking lots and areas that are striped in blue or red and outlined in gold. North St East next to Lemmons has now been freed up for commuters.
- For the 2015-16 academic year, residents will ONLY be allowed to park on the east side of campus. These lots include the Le Shana lot, North Street lot, southwest Roberts Center lot, Hobson/Macy/Sutton lot, and Sherman Street. ALL streets and lots west of the canyon are off-limits for a Resident East permit. Students living in the Canyon Suites are considered Resident East.
- See parking map for approved parking locations.
Good Neighbor Permit A Neighborhood Permit is available to any student living in private housing surrounding the two block radius of George Fox. These permits are free of charge but proof of residency (bills, checks, rental agreements with name and address on them) must be brought to the security services office, and after registering IN THE OFFICE, your permit will be issued on the spot. The Neighborhood Permit does not give you permission to park ON CAMPUS or in other neighborhoods around campus other than where you live. It does identify you as a legitimate resident on your street and will let others know your car belongs there. Permits need to be returned to the security office at the end of the academic year to avoid a $5 replacement fee. Winter graduates should return them at the end of fall semester. Commuter permits will need to be purchased if parking in commuter parking areas on campus is desired. Parking in the neigborhood without this permit can lead to fines for violation of the "Good Neighbor Policy". This Policy may be found in the following pages of our website.
Temporary Permit parking follows the same regulations as permanent permits. Therefore, parking lot assignments are designated according to the individual's type of activity at the university.
Visitor Permit parking may occur in the following areas:
- Stevens Center and Hoover lots (specially marked visitor rows)
- Bauman/Ross lot
- Le Shana lot
- Roberts Center lot (Previously the VAC)
- Campus side of Meridian street if other visitor areas are full