DUE DATE: April 5, 2013, at 5 p.m
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Office of Spiritual Life is looking to hire a chapel band responsible for leading the community through music at various gatherings throughout the academic year. Each member of the band will share leadership through various activities, including participation in team-building activities, song selection, rehearsals, and stage design. We are looking for students who have a desire to serve their peers through musical worship, and who have a desire to work with others collaboratively.
INSTRUMENT / VOCALISTS
All types of instrumentalists and vocalists are invited to apply to be a part of the chapel band, though each team member is responsible to provide their own instruments.
Here are the time requirements for all chapel band members:
- Arrive to campus by August 26th in order to prepare for worship services during Freshman orientation.
- Participate in the SpiL Floatabout, a weekend long canoe trip with other student leaders, during the weekend of September 6th-8th.
- Participate in weekly meetings/rehearsals in preparation for leading worship during assigned weeks in chapel. This is approximately 15 services a semester.
Every member of the chapel band team will be given a stipend ranging from $100-$200/semester.
You will be required to participate in auditions, happening on April 10th between 1pm and 5pm, with callbacks on April 11th from 3-6pm.
- Individual audition: One 5-10 minute audition on April 10th, between 1pm and 5pm.
- Group audition: Based on individual auditions, callback auditions with pre-determined groups will occur during one 20-30 minute audition on Thursday afternoon, April 11th, between 3pm and 6pm.
- More information on auditions will be sent out via email after applications have been reviewed.
QUESTIONS? Please email Jamie Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the SpiL House (corner of Sheridan and Meridian).