Housing Selection Process
Note: All students need to fill out the application, even if living off-campus.
Step 1: Start Your Application
Step 2: On- or Off-Campus Intent?
We need to know where you are planning on living next year. Fill out what you know. You can always come back and make edits to your form.
If you are not eligible due to age or credits to live off-campus you will not have an option to choose off-campus. If you have questions or want to submit a waiver you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you change to off-campus after you have a confirmed housing placement you will be charged a $75 fine. After June 1 this fine goes up to $150.
Step 3: Select Meal Plan
Note that you can you change your meal plan up until one week after the semester begins. After your current semester credits have been applied to your accumulative credit total (late May or early June), you will have more options available to you. Even after completing this form, you will be able to return to this page and change your meal plan selection at a later date.
Step 4: Pay Student Housing Application Fee (Formerly Called "Housing Deposit")
This application fee is $150 and guarantees you a spot in on-campus housing. You must pay this fee before you can accept or invite roommates.
Step 5: Request Roommates
There are two ways to search for/request roommates:
- Do you know who you want to live with? Search by their George Fox email address and invite each person you want to live with. They will each need to accept this request.
- Aren’t sure who you want to live with?
- Search for possible roommate matches using profile questions. You will need to click on the check box next to each question you want to use in your search.
- Post on the Housing Facebook page (GFU Housing) with your interest in finding a roommate and see if anyone contacts you.
Note: Do not use the RA Roommate Group page unless you are joining an RA group you were assigned.
Step 6: Groups Select Rooms (Full apartment or room required to fill)
- Groups will be e-mailed their selection timeslot during Spring Break. Timeslots are assigned based on average group academic credits.
- Groups will be assigned time slots that begin on April 4th.
- Once your time slot opens, one person from your group can access the “Rooms” page (Step 11) in the Housing and Meal Plan Intent form to reserve a room/beds for your group members in on-campus apartments or Brandt Hall. NOTE: Groups will only be able to select and fill a space that they fit into.
Step 7: Individuals and Groups Select Rooms (All on-campus beds open)
- Groups and individuals will be emailed their selection timeslot prior to April 10th.
- Groups and individuals will be assigned selection timeslots that begin on April 10th.
- Once your group or individual time slot opens, on person from the group or an individual can access the “Rooms” page (Step 11) in the Housing and Meal Plan Intent form to reserve a room/beds. There is no requirement to fill a room at this point. Times will be assigned based on average group or individual academic credits.
Step 8: Confirmation
Check the “Status” page in the Housing and Meal Plan Intent form to see if your room or off-campus status has been confirmed. If you would like to be added to a waitlist for a different on-campus location (aside from your assigned location), that will be available to you.