Student Congress on Racial Reconciliation (SCORR) Conference
February 24 – 27, 2011
SCORR’s annual conference is held at Biola University in CA with the purpose of “glorify God by empowering students to better face the challenges existing on their campuses, in their communities, and in society at large through multi-ethnic awareness and engaging in the active process of racial reconciliation. It’s a unique conference which focuses on the needs of students from diverse ethnic backgrounds who currently attend Christian colleges and universities. Students have the opportunity to meet one another, fellowship, dialogue and pray together for a weekend” (See SCORR website: http://studentlife.biola.edu/diversity/scorr/)
George Fox University’s Multicultural Services will award 10 scholarships to current students who show leadership potential and want to actively engage in racial reconciliation on campus.
· Applications due to Student Life by 5pm, Wed, Dec 4th
· Interviews will take place December 6 – 10th
· Include a resume with your leadership activities
· Trip will be coordinated by the Office of Multicultural Student Programs (MSP). All students who participate in this conference are expected to abide by the GFU Lifestyle Standards and Values.
· A service-learning project is being developed (new this year!) in order to have participants learn about another culture/environment
· Before the conference there will be 2-3 meetings to prepare for SCORR
· After the conference there will be 2-3 meetings to debrief and implement knowledge into a project
· MSP will book airfare and transportation as a group.
· If accepted, a $50 non-refundable deposit will need to be made to secure your spot
· You’ll need to cover meals and activities outside of Fri evening/Sat conference
· MSP will cover airfare, transportation in CA, registration & conference fees
Thursday afternoon, February 24th: Airline flight from PDX to CA
Friday day, February 25th: Service-learning day
Friday evening, February 25th: Conference begins, overnight stay at Biola University
Saturday, February 26th: All day conference
Sunday, February 27th: Airline flight from CA to PDX
Questions? Connect with Shelley Yonemura, Director of MSP, firstname.lastname@example.org
SCORR Conference Application 2011 -> Download