Current and Returning Students
Opening and Closure Dates
Returning students can move into campus housing for Fall Semester 2013 beginning August 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM.
Residence Halls and Suites will be closed for Christmas break (December 21, 2013 at noon through January 12, 2014 at noon) and Spring break (March 22, 2014 at noon through March 30, 2014 at noon).
Campus housing closes for the academic year at noon on May 3, 2014.
Approval to arrive early (before August 29th for new students or before August 31st for returning students) is generally tied to employment on-campus, participating in athletics or helping with orientation. Each of these departments will coordinate housing for their respective students by the end of July. If you are connected to one of these areas please check with your supervisor or coach to make sure these details have been communicated to the Housing office.
Student seeking to return early outside of these departments will need to wait until their designated check-in time unless there are extenuating circumstances. In these situations students can send a written appeal to email@example.com for early arrival consideration.
Student who move into their housing early and are not associated with a specific department may have a $35 per night fee assessed even if they have been approved through the Housing office. This fee represents the standard per night rate and is necessary to offset administrative and utility costs (power, water, internet, etc).
Housing Selection for 2013-14 Academic Year
Housing Selection occurs annually in March.
In order to be eligible to go through housing sign ups each student will need to pay a$150 non-refundable housing deposit. (See details below).
For further infromation about the selection process please refer to the 2013-2014 Housing Selection Process page. Additional details regarding housing signups will be posted in E-nnouncements beginning in January.
Details about the housing deposit
• You will be able to pay your deposit starting in early-February. It will need to be paid by Friday, March 15 in order to go through housing selection. We’ll let you know when you can start paying your deposit.
• You will need to have a current account (as determined by Student Financial Services) in order to pay your housing deposit.
• The deposit may be refunded if you withdraw it prior to housing selection or do not go through housing selection. If you withdraw your deposit prior to selection, then you will not go through selection.
• Once you have received a housing assignment your deposit will then be applied toward your housing charges.
• The housing deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your housing after receiving an assignment.
• If you will be living with an RA or chosen by an RA to live in a house you will need to submit your housing deposit in order to keep your housing assignment.
Do you need more assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org