Undergraduate Student Handbook
Good Standing Policy
It is a privilege for students to participate in curricular and co-curricular programs at George Fox University. The university expects these students to be leaders and role models in our community who will live with integrity. It is essential that students embrace the challenge to live as people of character and be held to a high standard of accountability. There are a myriad of departments and programs that require participating students to be in good standing with the University. These departments or programs include, but are not limited to:
- Student Athletic Trainers
- Theme Living Communities
- Theatre Department & Players
- Music Department
- Psychology Department
- Social Work/Sociology Department
- Semesters Off-Campus Program
- Juniors Abroad
- Off-campus housing
- Admissions Bed & Breakfast Club
- Admissions Ambassadors
- Admissions Student Employees
- Admissions Interns
- Teacher Education
- Spiritual Life
- May Serve
- Serve Trips
- Residence Life
- Act 6 Leadership and Scholarship Program
- Orientation & Peer Advisors
- ARC Consultants
- Nursing Majors
- International Students
- Tuition Remission
- Tuition Exchange
Students may lose good standing if they have violated:
- The University’s lifestyle standards.
- Community policies as outlined in the Student Handbook including, but not limited to, severe or repetitive community violations.
- Federal, state, or local laws that resulted in a conversation with University personnel.
Students may regain good standing when they have fulfilled:
- Requirements and methods of accountability required or enforced by Student Life personnel.
- Stipulations and timeframes as outlined by each department or program they are involved in.
The consequences and means of accountability issued by each department or program are determined by the supervising university employee. This process is separate from any sanctioning and accountability that happens in the community accountability process by student life.
In addition to the good standing policy, each department or program may have additional expectations for participation. Please check with the supervising university employee for these additional requirements.