Undergraduate Student Handbook
Campus Awareness and Education
Awareness and educational efforts are important aspects towards preventing and responding to incidents that may arise. These include the following:
- Orientation session for new undergraduate and transfer students designed to educate and prevent the outlined behaviors.
- Yearly educational efforts for new students, as well as reminders of the policy for current students and employees.
- Residence Life offers self-defense workshops on an annual basis on the Newberg Campus in September and October.
- Campus safety precautions are reviewed yearly and appropriate upgrades are implemented.
- Assistant Area Coordinators (AACs) and Resident Assistants (RAs) are trained annually to respond and assist students in crisis situations and in protocols for emergency response.
- Flyers and other educational documents are posted yearly in prominent locations on campus.